LilyPadz Silicone Nursing Pads
LilyPadz helps you return to the activities you enjoyed before your baby was born! Get a good night's sleep, go for a swim and enjoy a night on the town. Virtually invisible under your clothing and because they have no absorbent component, there is nothing else to buy!
LilyPadz are a patented, innovative nursing pad made of a skin-like layer of silicone. The unique design of LilyPadz maintains pressure on the nipple while in place and forms a non-absorbent barrier that actually PREVENTS breast milk leakage. No more inconvenient pad exchanges, and both you and your clothes stay dry!
- Large (recommended for DD cup size and larger)
- Pack of 2 pads
- Ultra thin
- Dermatologically tested
How do I care for them? Just wash them once a day, let them air dry, and stick them back on! They can even be sterilized in boiling water for 3-5 minutes! With proper use, they should last for up to 6 months. They are made of silicone, so if you have a latex allergy, you have no need to worry! They are usable in water (swimming, anyone?) and stay in place without a bra (finally, comfortable sleeping!).
How do they work? Lily Padz nursing pads apply a gentle pressure on the nipple to stop breastmilk leakage, much like nursing moms have done with a forearm or fingers since the beginning of time.
- Remove the LilyPadz from the clear round plastic dome before washing and use
- Wash your LilyPadz before using for the first time
- Wash only with oil free, cream free, and lotion free cleansers - clarifying shampoos and dish soaps dislodge oils best
- Wash LilyPadz at least once per day, using soap and warm water and rinse well. Be sure to rub the sticky surfaces against each other or your hand to dislodge lint and oils
- Dry LilyPadz in a clean, dust free environment and only air dry, shake or blow dry
- Be sure the LilyPadz and your breast are dry before applying - This is important to maintaining good skin contact and eliminating contaminants against the skin
- Use Lanolin sparingly, if needed, and only on the nipple and areola area of the breast
- Disinfect the LilyPadz by soaking in a 50/50 white vinegar/water solution for one hour followed by thoroughly washing with soap and rinsed well with warm water
- LilyPadz can also be disinfected by placing in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes but repeated disinfecting by boiling will shorten the life of the tacky surface
- Clean, dry and store LilyPadz on the plastic domes and place inside the plastic storage case when not being used
- Don't be disappointed if LilyPadz don't prevent your leakage perfectly before your milk supply has regulated. It can take time.
- Don't use soaps that contain lotions, creams or oils, these will significantly reduce the tacky surface. A clarifying shampoo or dish soap is best to dislodge oils
- Don't dry the LilyPadz with a towel, only air, shake or blow dry in a clean, dust free environment
- Don't expect a miracle; results vary based on the degree of breast milk leakage. A woman's body may take some time to adjust the milk production before LilyPadz are totally effective against leakage
- Don't wash LilyPadz with well water containing high concentrations of iron and minerals. This will shorten the life of the tacky surface. Therefore, it is recommended that distilled water be used for the cleaning process under these circumstances
Product Guarantee: LilyPadz have a life expectancy of up to 2 months if maintained properly and used as directed.
Cautions: Certain complications are inherent to breastfeeding. Should you experience redness, burning, irritation or fever, seek the advice of a medical professional. LilyPadz can pose a choking or suffocation hazard, keep away from small children.
This is a final sale item. No exchanges or returns.